Beetroot and Mint Hummus
I love this little twist on the traditional hummus. Adding a vegetable and a herb to the mix helps you up your daily intake of the good stuff. Added points for scooping up its deliciousness with your favourite veggie sticks (carrot and cucumber are mine). It's also free of those nasty, nondescript 'vegetable oils' found in the store-bought versions.
Whipped up in under five minutes and stored in the fridge for about a week, it's a great for a snack or taking to a BBQ along with your favourite crackers!
1 Medium Beetroot
20 Fresh Mint Leaves
400g Can Chickpeas
1 Clove Garlic
3 tbs Tahini
¼ cup Olive Oil
½ Fresh Lime
Salt and Pepper to Taste
- Wash beetroot, trim off any remaining stalk, chop into quarters and add to a food processor bowl
- Drain and rinse chickpeas and add to the food processor
- Add crushed garlic, mint leaves, juice of lime and tahini. Process until smooth.
- Scrape down the sides, turn the food processor back on and drizzle the olive oil in slowly. Process until combined.
- Season to taste and blitz for another 5 seconds
- Serve with your favourite veggie sticks or crackers