500g good quality beef mince
250g frozen spinach
400g can diced tomatoes
140g can tomato paste
¼ cup quinoa
1 medium onion
1 clove garlic
Salt and Pepper to taste
- Put the frozen spinach in to a large microwave-safe dish and thaw on high for about 4 minutes. Keep an eye on them the first time you try this recipes; your microwave could be different to mine
- Preheat fan-forced oven to 180℃
- Meanwhile, finely dice the onion and peel the garlic ready to crush
- Add onion, crushed garlic, tomato paste, mince to the spinach
- Combine with your hands
- Spread half the can of diced tomatoes onto a 20cm x 30cm baking dish
- Roll the meat mixture into golf ball size balls and nestle in the bed of tomatoes
- Dollop the remaining tomatoes in top of each ball
- Bake for about 40 minutes - make sure you keep an eye on them - all ovens have their idiosyncrasies.
Gluten-free pasta or,
Zucchini noodles or,
Sweet potato noodles.
I also reserved 3 balls and popped them in a wrap with some cheese and homemade pesto for part of my husband’s lunch!
Top with cheese if you can do dairy