Potato and Leek Soup
Sometimes the simple classic dishes are just what you need. Warming, comforting and perfect for a mid-week dinner in winter, this potato and leek soup is so simple I think I’ll ask Master 10 to make it next time!
Serve it with some crusty sourdough or bacon bits - it’ll be a family fave!
4 L stock or bone broth (I used lamb bone broth)
1kg potatoes, peeled, washed and roughly chopped into 2 cm cubes
1 leek, trimmed and finely sliced
1 onion, finely diced
salt and pepper to taste
- Add butter, leek and onion to a large saucepan
- Fry over a medium heat until translucent
- Add potato and fry until well coated with leek mixture and starting to turn golden
- Add stock or broth and bring to the boil
- Reduce heat and simmer until potatoes are soft (approx 20 mins)
- Season to taste
- Use a stick blender to blend into smooth, silky yumminess