Simple Leftover Roast Salad
When I roast a chicken, I always roast two. Slightly more effort to prepare, same oven time, same clean up time, no fights over the thighs and plenty left over for lunches. I also make sure I through in some pumpkin - I have a slight obsession with its versatility!
So to take average greens, tomatoes and cucumber to the next level and enlist your roast leftovers!
½ cup leftover Roasted Pumpkin
½ cup leftover Roast Chicken
¼ cup steamed Broccoli
½ Small Cucumber
1 Roma Tomato
1 cup Rocket
1 Tbs Pepitas
Olive Oil, Apple Cider Vinegar, Salt and Pepper to dress
- Dice pumpkin, cucumber, tomato and avocado into bite-sized pieces
- Shred chicken with your fingers
- Arrange nicely in a large salad bowl
- Dress to taste, toss and top with pepitas
- Sit down at the table and savour every mouthful!
Tip: For those who do a lot of physical activity and need a bit more bulk in their lunch add, more pumpkin and avocado.