Simple Rocket Pesto
Have you ever dived into the bottom of your fridge drawer and realised you’d bought something last week that is a little questionable now? That was me over the long weekend.
I’d bought a bunch of rocket with a salad in mind and totally forgotten about it. The leaves were looking less than fresh - definitely not salad worthy!
What to do?
So many fabulous ways to enjoy the humble pesto;
- Fabulous dip with your fav crackers or veggie sticks
- Spread on toast
- Dolloped onto a broth-based soup
- Stirred through your pasta of choice
- Used to replace tomato paste on a pizza
- And so much more!
There isn’t a lot of oil in this recipe - if you’d prefer a thinner version - increase the oil until you have your consistency of choice.
3 cups rocket leaves
2 ½ cups finely grated parmesan cheese
½ cup toasted sunflower seeds
¼ cup olive oil
- Place rocket, parmesan and sunflower seeds into a food processor
- Whiz until an even consistency is obtained
- While the processor is still running, slowly drizzle in the olive oil
- Enjoy straight away or keep in a glass jar in the fridge for up to 2 days