I recently decided to dust of my sushi making skills and whip up a feast for the family. Fond recollections of making delish mouthfuls of rice, wasabi and seafood in France danced in my mind. I was a nanny for two ski seasons in the French Alps and it was my ‘thing’ for a while.
Not so much any more.
Nowadays the time it takes to carefully craft the rolls and boats is just better spent elsewhere.
Introducing the Sushi Bowl! I’ve seen them around, but thought “What better way to use some of the sauces, garnishes and rices leftover”.
Here’s the result, I hope you enjoy!
⅓ cup Cooked Brown Rice
1 Medium Cucumber
1 Medium Carrot
2 Nori Sheets
50g Smoked Salmon
1 tbs Rice Wine Vinegar
1 tbs Tamari Sauce
Squeeze of Kewpie Mayonnaise
Pickled Ginger to taste
- Slice cucumber, carrot and avocado into strips
- Use kitchen scissors to chop nori into strips
- Heap rice into a bowl, add tamari and vinegar, mix well
- Arrange remaining ingredients on top
- Grab a pair of chopsticks and dig in!
Tip: If you're not keen on salmon, skip it all together or replace with your favourite protein