Who doesn’t love a good bolognese? It’s hands-down my kids’ favourite! This is a variation on the recipe I learned to cook in Méribel, France with a dear friend of mine, Bichon. I added a whole lot of veggies and simmer it in the slow cooker for most of the day - perfect for those crazy-busy afternoons when you just can’t fathom cooking.
Serve it with pasta for the carb-lovers or spinach for those who need to skip the gluten.
Serves 4 - 5
500g Minced Beef
400g Can Diced Tomatoes
140g Can Tomato Paste
1 Tbs Coconut Oil
1 Onion, diced
2 Carrots, grated
2 Zucchinis, grated
1 Clove Garlic, minced
1 Bay Leaf
Salt and Pepper
- Fry the onion in the coconut oil over e medium heat until translucent
- Add mince and stir until browned
- Put meat mixture and the remaining ingredients, except garlic, into a slow cooker
- Simmer on low for up to 8 hours
- Just before serving, add garlic and remove bay leaf
Tip: Cook double the quantity a freeze for the next week!